If you are at this point, you’ve likely already checked these things. This is just a friendly reminder.
• Make sure the USB cable is plugged into the port on the back of the cutter and into your computer correctly. Make sure you follow the cable (it should be a white cable, if you are using the one that was included with your cutter) from the back of the cutter to your computer. Try a different port.
• Do you hear chiming when you unplug and plug the USB cord into your computer. If you do not this is probably going to be a driver issues and you will want to reinstall your FTDI driver per the instructions below.
• Are you receiving an “Found New Hardware” message. After plugging the Vue in and turning on, please allow a few minutes to make sure the the drivers are properly installed. If this still does not resolve the issue, please see more information on drivers below.
• If you have virus protection on your computer, likely the virus protection is blocking connection and you will need to reinstall the FTDI driver per the instructions below.
• Have you recently installed a new device on your computer. If so you will want to uninstall the device, restart
If it is still not being detected, please attempt to restart the cutter. If the issue persists, restart your design software. If these don’t help, try completely restarting your computer.
Most often virus protection blocks the FTDI drivers from allowing the cutter to use them. This can happen on a new install or after a virus protection update.
WINDOWS: The Vue will not be listed under Printers and Devices. To see if the computer is recognizes the cutter:
If you receive an error, or this does not resolve your issue, please submit a support ticket through a Pazzles Craft Room ticket or at www.pazzles.net/chat. Please include the cutter you are using, software and OS.