Tatum has designed yet another adorable collection and as soon as I saw it I knew just what I would make with it. The New Years Party Collection has everything you need to ring in the New Year and then record the memories.
I have small children and this year my niece will be joining us for the night. I’ve created party bags for every hour, that the kids can open and then complete the activity. I used the images from the New Years Party Collection to decorate my bags and then added numbers to represent the time the bag should be opened. I think my kids will love this and as an added bonus, maybe the “How much longer?” questions will be fewer.
You can fill your bags with whatever activities you’d like to suit the ages of children (or adults) you are entertaining. I’m including a list of my activities to give you some ideas, but there are endless ideas to be found on Pinterest.
- 7pm: A deck of cards and some plastic spoons along with the directions to the spoons card game.
- 8pm: Plastic headbands and various craft supplies to decorate their own party headbands. I tucked in pieces of the Photo Props project so they can take silly pictures of each other.
- 9pm: Plastic champagne glasses and a bottle of soda so they can toast each other.
- 10pm: I made each of the kids a new years resolution card from the collection, so they can write down their goals for 2014. I also included some extra papers to make cootie catchers that have silly answers inside. They can ask the cootie catcher questions about the coming year and get funny answers to their questions.
- 11pm: Modeling Clay to make clay pigs. In Germany it is a tradition of some people to give marzipan pigs to their friends on New Years as a sign of good fortune. I chose clay instead of marzipan.
- 11:58pm: Noise makers and silly string to ring in the new year.
The New Years Party Cutting Collection is available for purchase in WPC, AI, and SVG cutting file formats in the Pazzles Store, and is available to Craft Room members in the Collections section of the Library. Craft Room members can see our other Collections in the Library, and non-members can purchase any or all Collections in the Store.