This started off as a quick 15 minute project but in true Pazzles fashion, it turned out to be much more! We loved these pre-cut canvas shapes from Canvas Corp and knew just what to make with them. We started the project by creating candy corn pieces using Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and a vinyl masking stencil cut with the Pazzles Inspiration.
After experimenting with a few different masking mediums, we found that vinyl was a true winner for stenciling on canvas. The vinyl edges seal to the canvas, creating a tight mask that does not bleed through. If you do not have vinyl available, you can certainly use cardstock for the stencil. We’ve included the cut file for the candy corn mask below. It fits perfectly with the Triangle Canvas Shape from Canvas Corp.
For the center pieces we cut Canvas Corp paper to fit just inside the Canvas Corp Canvas Shape Flag. We’ve included this shape as well in the project cut file.
The pumpkins can be found by searching ‘pumpkins’ in the Craft Room Library. There you can select the pumpkin and stem that fit your style. On our project we chose to use a pumpkin from one cut file and a stem and leaves from a different cut file. Don’t be afraid to mix and match!
We selected Arabian Script as our font which can be found in the Pazzles Inspiration Software.
The clothespin bats are the true 15 minute project. The bat file can be found in the Holidays Section under Halloween. They are simply adhered to the clothespins with a glue dot.
Have fun making your own banner and be sure to share your creations with us in the Albums or by linking up in the comments section below. ~ Chris and Michelle
- • Canvas Corp Canvas Shape Flag
- • Canvas Corp Canvas Shape Triangle
- • Canvas Corp Kraft Paper (flags: Spooky Diamonds, Spooky Words, Black Swirl)
- • Canvas Corp Clothespins (Distressed Black)
- • Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (Graphite, Sugar Maple, Gold)
- • WorldWin ColorMates card stock (pumpkins: black, green, orange)
- • My Minds Eye Kraft Twine
- • Doodlebug Designs Twine
- • Pazzles Vinyl (we used Frosted from the Primary Pack, but any vinyl will do)
- • Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Black Soot, Peeled Paint, Walnut Stain)
Enter our giveaway on Facebook to win this bag full of goodies from Canvas Corp!
Deadline October 3, 2012.