DIY Paper Flower Wall Art
I was inspired to make this project by a fantastic crafter after my own heart, #CraftEatRepeat.
Instead of using the Dollar Tree metal flower she used, I saved the money and made my own flower with the Pazzles Inspiration Vūe™ Electronic Die Cutter and software.
Size Up Or Down for Your Space
This project is approximately 5.5 inches square and could be sized up or down a bit as desired with different frames or diy frames. This would look great hand-painted too; just paint right over the paper pieces and let dry before assembling as instructed.
If you plan to hang it in the bathroom, I recommend sealing the whole thing, even the back of each petal piece, in acrylic sealer, matte or gloss depending on your preference. You could also coat the flower pieces in a mixture of 2 parts of Plaster of Paris to one part water – dip and place on a plastic soda pop bottle cap on wax or parchment paper to dry, which will help with the curling back of the petals. You could also paint them with diy chalk paint made with acrylic paint and making soda – mix to the consistency you desire and paint on the petals. These would look great in a variety of papers, too! Make a set of three in bright pink, purple, and blue, or make the flower pieces from ivory paper and paint the frame, triangles and skewers matte brown (great use for the baking soda paint method) for a farmhouse look.
Affordable and Quick
Aside from the dry times needed if using paints or sealers, this project only takes about 15 to 30 minutes to assemble and has a lot of bang for it’s less than two bucks cost.
- Square black frame from the Dollar Tree (typically has a removable backing with a sentiment on a removable backing, may come with an attached sawtooth picture hanger)
- Sawtooth picture hanger, or other hanging method if the frame didn’t come with a way to hang it
- 8.5 by 11 inch black cardstock
- Glue dots
- 2 Bamboo skewers (approximately ⅛ inch wide by 12 inches long)
- Hot glue gun
- Black chalkboard or other flat black paint (matte or chalkboard Mod Podge or matte/flat clear acrylic sealer if using shiny black paint)
- X-acto knife
- Handheld hair dryer
Love this DIY Paper Flower Wall Art? Make sure to pin and share it!
Become a Member!By becoming a subscriber to Pazzles Craft Room you will have access to this project as well as hundreds of other projects, thousands of cutting files, and so much more!
Get Pazzles Craft Room!
Join Now for only $19.95!