Thanksgiving is still a week away, but today we put up our Christmas Tree at the Pazzles Office. It’s the perfect kind of tree, no falling needles and no need to water it, because it’s a vinyl wall tree! We are thrilled to introduce you to our Christmas Tree Advent Calendar. It may seem a little early for a Christmas Tree, but we wanted you to have plenty of time to get this project completed before December 1st. This advent calendar is the perfect project for a weekend of crafting.
The main tree was cut out of wall vinyl. Not only does it stick nicely to the wall, but if you peel it carefully off at the end of the season, it is reusable You can certainly use paper for the tree, but we loved the crisp, sleek look of the vinyl. Chris designed the pieces to be easy to assemble and as an added bonus you need only one roll of Pazzles Olive Wall Vinyl to complete the tree.
One of my favorite parts of the tree is the trunk. Although it seems strange to fall in love with a tree trunk, Chris made the trunk spectacular by designing a wood grain stencil that you can use to create a wood effect on a piece of brown paper. The presents are also made of paper and contain 25 little pockets to house all of the ornaments. Chris created the presents to sit snuggly under the tree. The beautiful dimensional star was created by Klo and pops just a bit off the wall.
We started making the ornaments and truly couldn’t stop ourselves. Tatum, Chris, and myself made 15 ‘Special Ornaments’ and 10 bulb ornaments. Use them as is, or replace the 10 plain bulbs with ornaments of your own creation.
We can’t wait to see how you will make this tree your own. We’d love to see pictures of your own versions in our Users Gallery. Turn on some Christmas music and get busy crafting!
~Chris, Klo, Michelle & Tatum
- • 1 roll Pazzles Olive Wall Vinyl
- • 1 sheet 12″x 12″ solid brown cardstock (WorldWin Colormates Dark Chocolate Malt)
- • 5 sheets 12″ x 12″solid red cardstock (Bazzill Basics Pomegranate Splash)
- • 3 sheets 12″ x 12″ green cardstock (Bazzill Basics Ivy)
- • ½ sheet 12″ x 12″ solid yellow cardstock (Bazzill Basics Sunshine)
- • 2 sheets 12″ x 12″ coordinating patterned cardstock (Simple Stories Handmade Holiday)
- • Various paper scraps for Ornaments
- • Ranger Stickles
- • Rhinestones
- • Pearl Brad (American Crafts)
- • Ink or Chalks for distressing
- • Adhesive