I love to have friends gather at my house. Sometimes when there isn’t an actual event to celebrate, I make up a reason to have a party! I’ve had a mojito party, a tea and brunch party, and lots of birthday parties. If you need an excuse to invite your friends over, I’ve created a hot cocoa party set so you can have a toasty winter gathering. Use the mug shaped invitations to save the date and then start your party planning. Pre-make chocolate covered stirring spoons and wrap them up with the spoon covers. Hang the banner above the dessert table and let the party begin.
I’m including a recipe for homemade marshmallows courtesy of the blog Living Better Together. Homemade marshmallows cut into fun shapes and pretty paper decorations will warm the hearts of your guests and make your winter party a hit!
3 .25 oz. Packages of Plain Gelatin
1 cup Ice Cold Water (Divided)
1 1/2 cups Sugar
1 cup Light Corn Syrup
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Confectioner’s Sugar
1/2 cup Corn Starch
- Add gelatin and 1/2 water into the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup water, sugar, corn syrup, and salt in a small sauce pan. Place over Medium-High heat, cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Uncover and clip a candy thermometer to the side of the pan a continue to cook until temp reaches 240 F. Should take about 7 to 8 minutes. Once mixture reaches this temperature, immediately remove from heat.
- Turn the mixer on low speed, while running, slowly pour sugar mixture down the side of the bowl into the gelatin mixture.
- Once you have added all the sugar syrup, turn speed to high and whip until mixture becomes very thick and lukewarm, about 15 minutes.
- Add vanilla during the last minute of whipping.
- Combine confectioner’s sugar and corn starch together in a medium bowl.
- Lightly spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray and dust with the confectioner’s sugar mixture.
- Spread marshmallow cream out in the pan so it’s relatively level.
- Sprinkle with more confectioner’s sugar mixture.
- Let set uncovered for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Once set, turn marshmallow out onto a cutting board and slice into 1 in. squares with a pizza cutter dusted in confectioner’s sugar mixture.
- Once cut, dust every side of each marshmallow with confectioner’s sugar mixture, make more mixture if needed.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 3 weeks!
Become a Member!By becoming a subscriber to Pazzles Craft Room you will have access to this project as well as hundreds of other projects, thousands of cutting files, and so much more!
Get Pazzles Craft Room!
Join Now for only $19.95!
Buy Now!Purchase this project now and get it in SVG, WPC, and AI formats.