DIY Chalk Painted Books
Chalk painted books are a new craze in crafting, and they require mostly “found” or inexpensive items. Once you make one set, you’ll find yourself making another. And another…. You really can’t stop!
The Perfect Project to Repurpose Old Books
You probably have a few old books in your own home that are perfect for this project. Other places to find free or cheap books are rummage sales and thrift shops. Local libraries often hold clean-out events once or twice per year; this is a great thing to keep an eye out for. You may even have friends or family willing to part with a few they don’t need any longer.
Add Decorative Ribbons and Flowers
Decorate with any type of crafty items you may have – flowers, ribbon, beads, etc. Rustic farmhouse-style elements such as burlap are trending and look beautiful against the solid colors of the books.
Make in Any Color
White is the most popular, but there are no rules! Use colors to match your own taste and décor.
Check with your local paint store and see if they have any paint they have mixed incorrectly or older quarts of white base they are no longer using. You may walk out with a steal – or even score some for free.
Make as Gifts, to Sell, or for Your Home
If you are making these for gifts, to sell at a craft fair, or for own home, you’re sure to become hooked on this simple but unique craft project.
• Used hardback books – the more worn, the better
• White latex paint
• Calcium Carbonate
• Disposable Foam Craft Paint Brushes
• Small, flat synthetic paint brush
• Craft Sticks or plastic cutlery for blending
• Plastic cling wrap
• Small bowl
• Snack- or similar sized zip bags
• Rubber Bands
• Wax paper or similar surface to protect work area
• Craft glue such as Aileen’s Tacky Glue
• Fine grit sandpaper
• Embellishments such as burlap and other ribbons, lace, twine, paper or silk flowers, charms, beads, etc.
• Hot glue gun and glue sticks
• 631 vinyl such as Pazzles Wall Vinyl
• Plastic Squeegee
• Low to medium tack Transfer Tape
• Black craft paint such as Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint
Love these DIY Chalk Painted Books? Make sure to pin and share them!
Become a Member!By becoming a subscriber to Pazzles Craft Room you will have access to this project as well as hundreds of other projects, thousands of cutting files, and so much more!
Get Pazzles Craft Room!
Join Now for only $19.95!